Thursday, July 5, 2007

Picnic a Boom!!

Well yesterday was probably one of the best days of my life and really I'm serious about that. It started early, I went to bed at 3 and was up at 8 so only 5 hours of sleep. I met Dex at the church at 10 because I volunteered to help her with the picnic stuff. This was also an opportunity for me to spend a significant amount of time with her. She was quite grateful because no one had volunteered to help her. It was a lot of work but we had a very fun time. I don't even know where to start I just really enjoy spending time with this person. The picnic was fun and I got quite wet because all the kids ganged up on me but I got them back. We also played ultimate which ended up being quite lopsided in the end. I felt bad because I was the one who divided the teams. Dex was on the other team, but I know she is competative.

After the picnic was over everything needed to be cleaned up. I stayed afterward to help clean up and it was a little easier because there were more people to help. I was going to drive the truck back to the church but she didn't know how to drive a stick so she drove the church truck and I drove my car. I told her I would teach her how to drive a stick. I got done helping with the cleanup around 5:30 and I smelled like a wet musty, dirty sock it was gross. I had still not decided what I was going to do for the fireworks show. Somehow it came up in our conversation and basically she invited me to hang out with her and Powerwalkerdowntown for the fireworks.

So I went home for a little while to take a shower and get changed and then I went back down to the church at 8:00 to walk with Dex, Powerwalker, and GoofBall down to the waterfront for fireworks. I was getting ready to leave my house and she called me and talked and joked for 10 minutes. It was awesome! I had not eaten yet and I was going to get a sandwich from the store but Dex offered to make me a grilled cheese so I said OK. When I got there she had it made and I ate it. I was slow eating like always and she gave me a hard time about it.

We walked to the Seattle Center and stopped there and got an ice cream cone. Then we walked down to the Olympic Sculpture Park and got there about 9 and sat in the grass. I brought my blanket so everyone sat on that. We just talked and had a great fun time together. There was a lot of laughing and I was quite happy because I like to make people laugh and the combo of Goofball and I was quite fun. Dex actually thanked me for being there because if it was just her and Powerwalker then she would have been bored but Goofball and I made it fun. dex also said she likes that because it brings out her goofy side, and I like that because she is comfortable with me. I don't know what all this means but I had a great day!!

The Toph

No comments: